[Faculty] FLEAP 2023 Interest Call Announcement

Vpia vpia at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 7 15:58:43 PST 2022

Dear Faculty Colleagues,

Happy New Year! The Education Abroad Office is seeking your help to increase access to study abroad at UCR. Education Abroad programs are high-impact practice<https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2018/05/01/kuh-and-kinzie-respond-essay-questioning-high-impact-practices-opinion> to our undergraduate students’ learning experience. We want to grow programs that uniquely benefit our students and help them reach their goals. Faculty-led education abroad programs can have immediate and lasting positive impacts on both students and faculty.

Despite current travel bans and global pandemic concerns, our students still want to learn abroad (and they have been since the outbreak), and our faculty-led education abroad programs (FLEAP) may increase interest; such programs also allow us to explore US-based options that improve access for students who cannot, or choose not to, travel abroad.

UCR’s Education Abroad office is therefore calling for interested UCR faculty to share preliminary ideas to run a FLEAP for summer 2023. If you are interested, please complete our form (Phase 1):
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScd7ATEELyKLHUUyBuEF7tPQhDCV9kyp0p-6zKkMiBVKuDenQ/viewform.

The deadline is Monday, January 31, 2022, by 5:00 pm (PST).

Questions? Please see our FAQ<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wPAzp-cj-P-GDCIJ2QDflNPtvWjP7jsdHo3kzLE-A5M/edit?usp=sharing>. Please contact educationabroad at ucr.edu<mailto:educationabroad at ucr.edu> with any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Jun Wang
Assistant Provost, Strategic Initiatives & International Recruitment
[cid:image001.png at 01D803DF.7192DC30]