[Faculty] Postdoc and Faculty Awards : DEADLINEs for nominations

Brittney N Ulloa brittney.sevallos at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 11 16:49:15 PST 2024

Excellence in Postdoctoral Research and Scholarship Awards
In collaboration with the Postdoc Association, the Office of Research and the Graduate Division we are continuing our new awards for Postdoctoral Scholars. These members of our campus are intrinsic to our academic research, mentorship structure and are going through an essential and important transition from being a student to preparing for a senior role in academia or industry. To support and recognize the outstanding contributions of members of this community we will make 2 awards for excellence in mentorship, research and service.

Applications and nominations require a CV or equivalent, a research statement, a diversity statement and 2 letters of recommendation.
The deadline for applications is January 16th 2024.: now January 26th 2024
Please use the link provided:  https://form.jotform.com/230466432058959

The recipients will be recognized at the Graduate Division Award Celebration and receive a prize of $1000
Being a good mentor to our graduate students is one of the most important parts of our job as professors.  It is a contribution to our students and our graduate programs that deserves recognition. To that end, the Graduate Council and the Graduate Division are now accepting nominations for:

The Senate 2024 Doctoral Dissertation Advisor/Mentoring Award
The recipient will be recognized at the Commencement Ceremony and receive a prize of $3000.
The Graduate Division’s 2024 Commitment to Graduate Diversity Award
The recipient will be recognized at the Commencement Ceremony receive a prize of $3000.

Awardees will receive a plaque at the Graduate Division Award Celebration.
All UCR ladder-rank faculty members are eligible for the award.  Letters of nomination are invited from current and former graduate students, faculty, and staff.  To be considered for the award, a faculty member must receive at least one letter of nomination.  Please coordinate with your colleagues, including faculty, current and prior students to provide the best possible file for the mentor. Letters should indicate specifically what makes the nominee an outstanding mentor and why they should receive the award this year.  Nominees of previous years will require re-nomination to be considered by this year's committee.

The nominations will be reviewed by a faculty committee composed of members of the Graduate Council.  The committee will take into consideration not only the quality and number of letters of recommendation received but also the number of students the faculty has mentored and whether the nominee has a long history of effective mentoring.  If a nominee came to UCR midway through their career, the committee will consider the entire career but will emphasize the mentoring of UCR students. If letters of recommendation were received last year for a faculty member who is being re-nominated this year, the committee will consider those letters (on file in the Graduate Division), as well.
Please complete the nomination form by following this link:
https://form.jotform.com/50605483789971
Nominations should be received no later than Friday, February 23rd, 2024

Emma H. Wilson
Associate Dean of Graduate Division
100 University Office Building

Professor of Biomedical Sciences