[Msoadm] Management Consultation Period – Proposed Revisions to UC Policy, PPSM-2.210: Absence from Work

Mary E White mary.white at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 23 14:39:38 PST 2021

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D709F1.B576A960]

February 22, 2021

To:    Business Officers
Re:    Management Consultation Period – Proposed Revisions to UC Policy, PPSM-2.210: Absence from Work

The UC Policy PPSM-2.210: Absence From Work has been updated to include language that describes Pay for Family Care and Bonding, which will be implemented on July 1, 2021. The proposed revisions were drafted in consultation with a working group that includes Systemwide Employee Relations, Benefits, and Labor Relations; Academic Personnel and Policy; UC Legal; UCPath; CHROs; and location leave managers. Please note that only the sections of the AFW policy that were updated as part of this review are included.

Attached for the review are:

·       PPSM-2.210 (Absence from Work) – Redline draft version

·       PPSM-2.210 (Absence from Work) – Clean draft version

·       Excel spreadsheet for comments

Please send your comments to HR Policy at hrpolicy at ucr.edu<mailto:hrpolicy at ucr.edu> no later than Wednesday, March 3, 2021.

Sincerely,

Mary E. White, MOL, MHRM
Principal HR Policy and Communication Analyst
University of California, Riverside – Human Resources
Telephone Number: (951) 827-2622
E-mail: mary.white at ucr.edu<mailto:mary.white at ucr.edu>
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Please note: In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, HR staff will be working remotely during this time.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone at (951) 827-2622 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.

How did we do? Please take a brief moment to fill out the Human Resources Feedback Survey<http://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e2pt7pLaqWopqBL>

“Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information upon it.” – Samuel Johnson