[Msoadm] PLEASE REVIEW: Changes to the Updated Offboarding Process

Puja Pannu puja.pathak at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 15 16:47:35 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We hope you are well. We are writing to apprise you of a change to the updated offboarding process that was rolled out last month. As mentioned before this new process will require adjustments and updates as we move forward to ensure it is feasible for our campus and also accounts for exceptions, exclusions, and scenarios that impact the turnaround time. With that said, please review the changes below:

What has changed since we implemented the updated offboarding process?:

  *   At this time, the UCPath Center cannot support the 72-hour turnaround time for final pay for non-represented, voluntary termination employees. This means that voluntary non-represented employees will continue to receive final paychecks on the next on-cycle check date.
  *   Please continue to provide the 1-day turnaround (where each stakeholder: employee, supervisor, Dept HR/AP staff, SSC should send information to the next level within 1 business day) so we can streamline the final pay process and make it as efficient as possible on our campus.

When will the 72-hour process update take place?

  *   At this time there is no ETA on when UCPath will implement the 72-hour rule for final pay for non-represented voluntary terminations. However, as we receive more information we will provide updates to all stakeholders. In the meantime, please continue to provide termination information within the 1-day timeframe.

Action Items for You:
Supervisors:

  *   Continue to submit written resignations given to you by your direct report(s) within 1 business day to the Dept HR/AP Staff Member in your Dept /ORG
  *   Reach out to your unit if you are uncertain of who to notify for resignation/termination actions
Dept HR/AP:

  *   Continue to submit termination requests within 1 business day to your Shared Service Center

  *   Reach out to your unit if you are uncertain of who to notify for resignation/termination actions
Shared Service Centers (SSCs):

  *   Transact and approve Smart HR Termination Template in UCPath per the Dept request within 1 business day to UCPath

Questions/Comments:

  *   Please contact ucpathcsc at ucr.edu<mailto:ucpathcsc at ucr.edu> if you have any questions related to the overall offboarding process, communication, etc.
  *   Please contact ucrpayroll at ucr.edu<mailto:ucrpayroll at ucr.edu> if you have any questions regarding the local deductions, imputed income and detailed final pay transaction

We would like to thank all of you for your diligent work and for adopting the new offboarding process.

In Partnership,
The Campus Support Center | ucpathcsc at ucr.edu<mailto:ucpathcsc at ucr.edu> | http://ucpath.ucr.edu