[Students] CHASS Dean Search Student Forum 12/1 1-1:45 pm

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 17 09:59:08 PST 2020

Dear UCR Students,

We are preparing to launch an international search for the next Dean of UCR's College of Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences (CHASS). As a part of this process, I invite you to participate in an open forum for UCR students to provide input on the desired skills and attributes for the next CHASS Dean and discuss challenges and opportunities for this position.

The forum will be hosted by the Search Committee Chair, Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences & Dean of the School of Medicine, Deborah Deas, and the executive search firm Isaacson Miller.

Student Forum
Tuesday, December 1st
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
REGISTER HERE<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEtd-2urTojHtL2Vq-FtjU0URcule89Jhm1>
If for any reason you are unable to attend this forum or prefer to provide your feedback confidentially in writing, you can do so via the following link:
UCR CHASS Dean Survey<https://www.research.net/r/JT9QKVG>
Your willingness to provide feedback, along with input from other campus constituents, the search committee, and multiple references, helps to shape the overall picture and ideal candidate characteristics for this vital campus leadership position.
Throughout the search, up-to-date information will be posted on the Executive Searches website<https://provost.ucr.edu/chass-dean>. I anticipate that a shortlist of candidates will be invited to campus in early spring.
I appreciate the commitment of the search committee members (listed below), and I look forward to broad participation as we embark upon this important search.
Search Advisory Committee Members
Deborah Deas, Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences and Dean of the School of Medicine (Chair)
Sheila Bergman, Executive Director, UCR ARTS
Heidi Brevik-Zender, Associate Professor of Comparative Literature & Languages
Susan Brown, Director of Academic Personnel, CHASS
Rogério Budasz, Professor and Chair of Music
Steven Helfand, Professor and Chair of Economics
Jeanette Kohl, Associate Professor of Art History
David Lloyd, Professor and Chair of English
Yunhee Min, Professor and Chair of Art
Alyssa Marchan, ASUCR CHASS Senator and Undergraduate Student
Jennifer Nájera, Associate Professor and Chair of Ethnic Studies
Cuauhtémoc Peranda, Graduate Student in Dance
David Schaberg, Dean of Humanities, UCLA
Aaron Seitz, Professor of Psychology
Rodolfo Torres, Vice Chancellor for Research & Economic Development
Melissa Wilcox, Professor and Chair of Religious Studies

Thank you in advance for your participation in this important search,

Tom

Thomas M. Smith, Ph.D.
Interim Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
4148 Hinderaker Hall
University of California, Riverside
*: 951.827.1129 | *: provost at ucr.edu<mailto:provost at ucr.edu>