[Students] Thank You, Students

Christine Mata christine.mata at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 23 15:23:51 PST 2020

Dear Highlanders,
I’d like to take a moment and say, “Thank You.”
Thank you for your continued flexibility during these challenging times.
Thank you for your patience as the campus navigates next steps.
Thank you for your dedication and willingness to pursue your education in a remote environment.
Thank you for being the amazing individuals that you are and making UC Riverside a better place.
Our campus is only as strong as the students, staff, and faculty who live, work, and study here. As you look ahead to the break, please know the university remains committed to the safety and well-being of every student. Though we remain in a remote environment<https://insideucr.ucr.edu/announcements/2020/10/23/ucr-announces-continuation-modified-operations-through-winter-quarter>, we ask that all students remain diligent in their work and positive that we will get through this experience together.
For those students who will be on campus, guidelines and procedures are in place to help mitigate the spread of the virus. Protocols on face coverings<https://ehs.ucr.edu/coronavirus/facecoverings>, symptom monitoring<https://www.humandx.org/covid-19/assessment>, and physical distancing must be followed. Please be mindful of the following guidelines: For additional guidance, refer to UCR’s COVID-19<http://ehs.ucr.edu/coronavirus> and Campus Return<http://campusreturn.ucr.edu/> websites:
•    Avoid events with crowds or large groups of people.
•    Stay 6 feet apart.
•    Avoid contact with people who are sick.
•    Wear face coverings any time you are out in public.
•    Avoid touching your face covering other than to remove and clean it.
•    If you have a fever or any other symptoms<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fsymptoms.html> of COVID-19, avoid contact with other people.
After watching COVID-19 cases upset repopulated campuses across the country, we continue to stand behind the following principles:

  *   Prioritize the safety of all members of our campus community
  *   Extend access to education to the greatest extent possible
  *   Create flexibility at both the individual and institutional levels

Thank you for adhering to our health and safety guidelines that contribute to caring for our campus community.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email deanofstudents at ucr.edu<mailto:deanofstudents at ucr.edu>.
Best Regards,
[cid:83f8eef4-75da-46e8-a997-f491c4e658a4][cid:edf9bb1e-8d2f-49bf-a76c-7b567ad6b2a1]
Christine Mata, Ph.D.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Dean of Students

Christine Mata, Ph.D.

Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs

Dean of Students

University of California, Riverside

381 Highlander Union Building

Riverside, CA 92521

(951) 827-6095

christine.mata at ucr.edu<mailto:christine.mata at ucr.edu>

Pronouns: She, Her, Hers<https://out.ucr.edu/pronouns-matter>

[cid:de03c05e-0021-42b8-bc5f-c31eab570bd2]