[Students] Dean of the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS) Finalist Visits

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 19 15:31:18 PDT 2021

Dear Faculty, Staff & Students,

I am pleased to announce that we will be hosting five finalist candidates for the Dean of the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, and I invite your participation in the search.  Each candidate will participate in a day-long virtual interview that includes a campus-wide vision seminar.

Each candidate's application materials, along with the Zoom link to participate in the vision seminar, will be posted to the Executive Searches<https://provost.ucr.edu/chass-dean> website 24 hours before the beginning of each interview and will be accessible via the UCR network (including VPN connections).  The vision seminar will be open to the campus community and will include a Q&A session.

Below are the dates and times for the vision seminars:

Candidate A:   Monday, April 26th                 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Candidate B:   Tuesday, April 27th                 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Candidate C:   Wednesday, April 28th            1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Candidate D:   Thursday, April 29th               1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Candidate E:   Monday, May 3rd                    1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

Your input is important as we move forward in the search, and I encourage everyone to participate in these seminars.  For those unable to participate due to scheduling conflicts, each seminar will be recorded and posted to the Executive Searches<https://provost.ucr.edu/chass-dean> website.  Recordings will be viewable only from the UCR network/VPN. Feedback on the candidates will be collected via an online survey at the conclusion of all five candidate visits.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance in evaluating the candidates.  Your willingness to provide feedback helps to shape the overall picture of each person's candidacy and qualifications, along with input from other campus constituents, the search committee, and multiple references.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas M. Smith, Ph.D.
Interim Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
4148 Hinderaker Hall
University of California, Riverside
*: 951.827.1129 | *: provost at ucr.edu<mailto:provost at ucr.edu>