[Students] ASUCR UPDATE: Get Involved!

Laurie Sinclair laurie.sinclair at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:57:13 PDT 2021

HUGE PRIZES – ELECTIONS!
Hello Highlanders,

Happy VOTING WEEK (4/19-4/23)! We hope to see each of you voting this week to elect your new ASUCR administration for the 2021-2022 school year. All current UCR students are eligible to vote. Your ballot has been emailed to you each morning of this week with the subject "VOTE - ASUCR Elections!"

Watch our 1-minute how-to-vote video<https://www.instagram.com/p/CN2dwSpAZBf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link>!

The average time it takes to complete the ballot is TWO MINUTES.

All students who vote will be entered into a drawing for (5) iPads and (5) $100 Amazon gift cards!

We are having additional giveaways EACH DAY on our Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/asucr_elections/?hl=en> (@asucr_elections), so be sure to VOTE and follow us to win prizes!
Today's daily prizes:

-(2) $100 Doordash gift cards
-(2) $100 Raising Canes gift cards
-(2) $100 In-N-Out gift cards
-(2) $100 Taco Bell
-(2) $100 WingStop gift cards

TODAY'S GRAND PRIZE: (1) iPad

Thank you Highlanders for making your voices heard, as we here at UCR do best!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. I am more than happy to help! Remember, every vote matters, including yours!

Results will be announced on Instagram live on 4/27, we hope you join us!

Lama Yassine (she/hers)
ASUCR Elections Director
asucrelections at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrelections at ucr.edu>

STUDENT CONVERSATIONS AND GROUP CHATS SURVEY - WIN GIFT CARDS!!!! (Reminder):

Hello Highlanders!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) will be raffling off Gift Cards to Amazon and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!!!!

All you need to do is complete a short survey sharing your thoughts about your experience with using Group Chats and what improvements you hope to see in Group Chat usage moving forward.

In addition to completing the survey and choosing to participate in the raffle, there will be an opportunity to be a part of an additional personalized case study associated with the survey. The purpose of the case study will be to gather information on your experiences with Group Chat services ever since course instruction shifted to being remote and how you personally view Group Chat usage.

The goal of this survey is to get an understanding of how students perceive Group Chats and of any issues or concerns students may have that stem from having to rely on them, especially during remote instruction where student support services had to shift operations to being remote and students had to learn how to adapt to these changes.

We strongly encourage you to complete this survey, regardless of whether or not you use and/or rely on Group Chats as we are simply looking to find out the effects of Group Chats on Student Conversations and how we can mitigate Group Chat usage to ensure that students have the platform to express their thoughts and opinions on topics that concern them while being responsible.

Your feedback in this survey is important to helping us understand how UCR can best address the role of Group Chats moving forward as in-person instruction is set to return this Fall in order to ensure that all UCR students are able to have the successful educational experience they aspire to have while at UCR.

As a kind reminder, please make sure to complete the survey by NEXT Wednesday, April 28th, at 11:59 PM PDT in order to get your name in the raffle on time.

The link to the survey can be found right here: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ah4ViQESAoynzxk.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>

UCR COMMUNICATION SERVICES PLATFORMS GOOGLE FORM - WIN GIFT CARDS!!! (Reminder):

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Mark Hanin and I am the Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee (SVC).

Ever since course instruction has shifted to being remote over the last year, many UCR students have come to rely on and utilize many different communication services platforms to address their concerns or to simply reach out to other individuals. From Zoom to Discord to GroupMe and many other platforms, UCR students have become more comfortable and adjusted to understanding how to utilize such platforms.

With in-person instruction expected to return this Fall, many changes in communication services are expected to follow. That is why allowing for UCR students like yourself to explain what worked best for you while course instruction was remote for a little over a year will allow UCR to best understand which communication services to retain come this Fall.

With that, you are highly encouraged to complete the following Google Form indicating which communication services platform(s) you prefer for the different kinds of inquiries and concerns you may have as a UCR student.

As a kind reminder, please make sure to complete the Google Form by NEXT Wednesday, April 28th, at 11:59 PM PDT in order to get your name in the raffle on time.

The link to the Google Form can be found right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1LgMR-ka3PSW_x5JojhIxEorju1hjauAkwcSYJ4p7GA1hrQ/viewform.

Completion of this Google Form earns you one additional entry as part of our raffle for Gift Cards to Amazon and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts under the Student Conversations and Group Chats Survey.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>

APPLY FOR THE COMMITTEE ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE PREVENTION:

Hey Highlanders!

The Committee on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention is now accepting applications for Vice Chair and general committee members!

Please refer to ASUCR VPCIA Bylaws Chapter 11 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/19xtCoQd16e3N5zTearVquUu1gKP8mhrtzBmSeKqlalw/edit> Section 16 for more information on the committee and the duties of committee members and board members!

The application closes on Friday, April 23rd, at 11:59 PM and can be found here: https://forms.gle/4sfZToXWHjCbW76T6 <https://forms.gle/4sfZToXWHjCbW76T6> .

Feel free to reach out to the Chairperson, Nava Majlesi (nmajl001 at ucr.edu<mailto:nmajl001 at ucr.edu>) with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Nava Majlesi
asucrinternal at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrinternal at ucr.edu>

ATTEND THE ASUCR SENATE MEETING TONIGHT:
Hello, Highlanders!

We will be having our fourth Senate Meeting today at 6:30 pm.<webextlink://We%20will%20be%20having%20our%20fourth%20Senate%20Meeting%20today%20at%206:30%20pm.> To access the zoom link, agendas, legislations, finance hearing minutes, and public forum/comment form click on the link below! If you are not able to attend, don't worry the Senate Meetings are recorded and attached to the link below as well!  I hope to see you all there! Have a great week 4 and good luck with midterms!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Link<https://linktr.ee/asucrevp/>

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

asucrevp at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrevp at ucr.edu>

CITY COUNCIL WARD 2 CANDIDATE FORUM TOMORROW!!

Highlanders! Join ASUCR Lobby Corps and the UCR Civic Engagement Coalition TOMORROW for a Ward 2 Candidate Forum from 6:00-7:00 PM! We will be hosting three candidates running in the Riverside City Council Ward 2 Special Election this June, a ward which represents part of the UCR campus and many Highlanders living on campus!

Register to attend here: bit.ly/2021ward2<http://bit.ly/2021ward2>

Best regards,
Andrea Terrones | She/Her/Hers
Local Relations Director
Office of ASUCR External Affairs
asucrlocal at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrlocal at ucr.edu>

APPLY FOR THE RJN GRANT TO FUND YOUR STUDENT ORG ADVOCACY!

Hello Highlanders,

HAPPY WEEK FOUR! I am excited to announce the annual RJN! grant<https://drive.google.com/file/d/16tPxE670_IuuYkPICufCvF2TcDNU8FPu/view?usp=sharing>. This grant is aimed to be an award for community organizations that have achieved outstanding work for the community they identify with, or their campus community in general. The Racial Justice Now! (RJN) Grant's goal is to uplift and empower the marginalized voices that proudly exist within the UC Campuses and beyond; to support them in their racial/ethnic justice advocacy. This grant is one way we intend to carry out that goal. Individuals and organizations may apply this cycle.

The amounts being offered range from $100-5000! Application deadline is May 3rd, 11:59 pm. Please circulate this grant widely to your connections as we are very excited to fund on the ground efforts to empower the community. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out.

Monday, May 3rd: RJN Grant Application<https://forms.gle/c4ABk8VvVvYnpfCA7> due.

GRANT GUIDELINES:

Any UC Student may apply.

Money may not be used for travel or food.

Provided budgets are required for organizations to be considered for this grant.

*Upon the conclusion of the project, grant recipients must present a summary of the use of funds to the UCSA Board.

https://bit.ly/rjngrant21

All the best,

Naomi C. Waters | She/Her/Hers

Racial Justice Now Vice-Chair