[Students] Tech Alert: Canvas Service Disruption

UCR Information Technology Solutions its at ucr.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:47:38 PST 2021

Dear Highlander Community,

Please be advised that eLearn (Canvas) is currently experiencing an
unexpected service disruption due to an issue with the cloud providers that
deliver this system. Instructure, the company that owns Canvas, is
continuing to work with Amazon Web Services on a resolution to restore
service. Updates on their progress can be found here: status.instructure.com

We will also continue to post updates on the status of this issue on
techalerts.ucr.edu until it is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your
patience as our vendor partners work to get system services restored.

Thank you,

UCR Information Technology Solutions & XCITE

*Please Note: This email account is not monitored by ITS staff. If you
require technical support, please take one of the following actions:*

   - Submit a support ticket
   <https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal/?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=d10c39ee0f348300138942bce1050e8b>
   if you need to report an IT problem
   - Submit a request
   <https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal/?id=ucr_sc_home> for an
   IT project, service, or service enhancement
   - Browse the ITS Knowledge Base
   <https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal?id=kb_view2&kb=de6fdb4d37800f00a2e983dcb3990e7b>
   for self-help articles
   - Browse and download course software
   <https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal?id=sc_category&catalog_id=3a53ea7e1b691c10eab58734ec4bcba0>
   from the Student Software Catalog
   - For live support, you can contact the BearHelp helpdesk during normal
   business hours (M-F, 8am-5pm) at 951-827-4848