[Students] ASUCR Update: Positions, Meetings, Town Halls & Conferences!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 12 18:11:15 PST 2021

APPLY FOR POSITION ON ELECTIONS COMMITTEE:

Hey Highlanders!

The Elections Committee is looking for a NEW Student Life Officer! The position is integral to the success of this year's election, so if you are organized and enthusiastic about making connections between organizations on campus, apply here!

This position is unpaid, but a great experience nonetheless!

Applications are due January 18th at 5:00 p.m.

If you have any questions or concerns please email asucrelections at ucr.edu!

Lama Yassine

She/Her/Hers

ASUCR - Elections Director 2020-2021

WHO ARE THE REGENTS TOWN HALL THIS FRIDAY

Hey Highlanders! Join ASUCR External this Friday, January 15 from 4-5pm for our first event of the quarter: Who Are The Regents? Learn about the Board tasked with overseeing the entire UC system, what issues they are charged with like tuition increases, Mauna Kea TMT, UC budget and transfer issues, and how to make Public Comment at their upcoming meeting.

Register now at bit.ly/RegentsTownHallJan15 and attend to be entered for a raffle that will include Starbucks gift cards, UCR merch, Hydro Flasks and a pair of AirPods!! Feel free to email asucrexternal at ucr.edu with any questions or concerns.

Vincent Rasso | He/Him/His

Vice President of External Affairs

asucrexternal at ucr.edu

APPLY NOW TO THE RACIAL JUSTICE CAMPAIGN & STUDENTS OF COLOR CONFERENCE!

Highlanders, if there is anything this past year has taught us, that would be how important it is to be vocal and take action in the fight for justice. Join ASUCR External in empowering students of color and tackling institutional barriers that we face by applying for our 2021 UC Students of Color Conference and considering a position on our Racial Justice Now campaign team!

The Students of Color Conference (SOCC) will take place Jan 30-31, and is an annual UCSA opportunity where students across the 10-campus UC system convene and organize around critical issues facing our diverse communities. Apply by Jan 28 at this Google Form.

The RJN campaign is accepting applicants at this Google Form through Friday, Jan 15. Work with campuses across the UC to identify and advocate for sustainable solutions on racial justice issues. Contact RJN Coordinator Naomi Waters with questions!

NATIONAL GOVERNMENT RELATIONS JANUARY REPORT

Hey Highlanders! Check out our January 2021 Report for ASUCR National Government Relations for updates and key efforts happening in federal politics concerning UC students.

Contact asucrnational at ucr.edu with any questions or inquiries on federal advocacy efforts!

asucrexternal at ucr.edu

ASUCR SENATE MEETING – YOU’RE INVITED!

Hello, Highlanders!

Today will be our second Senate Meeting of the quarter! To access the zoom link, legislation, finance hearing minutes, and public forum/comment form click on the link below! If you are not able to attend, don't worry the Senate Meetings are recorded and attached to the link below as well! I hope to see you all there! Have a great first week!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Link

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

Associated Students, UC Riverside

202 Highlander Union (HUB)