[Students] ASUCR Update: APPLY NOW for Positions, Committees, etc.

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 5 16:50:03 PDT 2021

APPLY TO BE AN ASUCR JUSTICE!

Are you interested in law or public service? ASUCR Justices are tasked with reviewing the constitutionality of all legislation that passes the Senate. As a Justice, you are also given the authority of ensuring the efficient and ethical operations of ASUCR, which involves understanding the ASUCR Constitution and Bylaws, reviewing finances, and regulating the student government elections. This is a prestigious, two-year position.

The deadline to apply is: October 8th, 2021 at 5:00 PM

The link to apply is as follows: https://forms.gle/YcTL6n7CthKPgsaA7

Best,

Sean R. Nguyen (He/Him)

'21-'22 Executive Secretary

Office of the President | Associated Students - ASUCR

E-mail: asucrpresident at ucr.edu

CALLING ALL FIRST YEAR STUDENTS!

Are you interested in getting involved and gaining mentorship within ASUCR? Apply for the First-Year Fellowship Program now! This program is a great opportunity to learn the functions within ASUCR.

Applications can be found HERE. The deadline to apply is October 10th, 2021 @ 11:59 PM.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at asucrpresident at ucr.edu

Best,

William Wang

ASUCR President

David An

Chief of Staff

STUDENT-PARENT COMMITTEE (APPLICATION)

Hey Highlanders,

Are you passionate about basic needs and student-parent needs on campus? Then the ASUCR student-parent committee is a perfect fit for you! Please consider filling out this interest form, if you would like to join the student-parent committee.

Work the committee has done last year includes advocating for housing security/more affordable housing, lobbying local elected leaders in the Riverside area, and securing the formation of a campus-wide student-parent task force.

We can't wait to continue the advocacy from last year, and we'd love to have you on board! Have a great rest of your day and we hope to see you join.

Orlando Cabalo

ASUCR President Pro Tempore

asucrprotempore at ucr.edu

APPLY FOR POSITIONS IN THE VP OF CAMPUS INTERNAL AFFAIRS OFFICE:

Happy Wednesday Highlanders,

There are currently two open positions that need to be filled in the Office of Internal Affairs: Chairperson on R' Professional Closet Committee and Chairperson for the Committee on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention.

The application linked contains information for them both. Please take a minute to apply if any of the positions interest you, I’d love for you to join the team!

Here’s a link to the application: link

The deadline to apply is October 13th.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Best,

Arshneel Kaur (she/her)

Vice President of Campus Internal Affairs

asucrinternal at ucr.edu

APPLY NOW FOR JUDICIAL COUNCIL STAFF!

Hello Highlanders!

Want to get involved on campus and interested in Law or the Justice system in any way? If so, then don’t scroll! This quarter the ASUCR Judicial Council is accepting applications for 5 positions on our team!

Like the U.S. Supreme Court, the ASUCR Judicial Council serves to review the constitutionality of all legislation passed by the Senate, oversee disputes, and maintain the overall legal integrity of ASUCR. This quarter, we are looking for 3 Associate Justices, 1 fellow, and a Secretary of the Court!

Associate Justices – Justices will sit on the official board of Judicial Council as fully fledged voting members. Although endowed with a variety of responsibilities by our Constitution, the primary function of Associate Justices is attendance, and participation in, any Judicial hearings. If you are interested in law or serving the general student-body then this is the perfect position for you! Apply now: https://forms.gle/bdyrricyhjikZ2DP7

*Please note, the above application for Associate Justice is separate from the Secretary and Fellow forms included below*

Secretary of the Court – With great power comes great responsibility and a Secretary of the Court is integral to that responsibility! From drafting and distributing agendas, taking meeting minutes, attendance calls, getting the meetings scheduled, and more! The ASUCR Judicial Council is currently accepting applications for all positions!
Apply now: https://forms.gle/jGTWrCZou5ofSYcp7

Fellow – If you are unsure about getting involved and want to check it out, this position is for you! The fellowship program is a great opportunity for first-year students to work alongside the Justices and learn about internal functions and operations of the council. Although non-voting members, they are integral to the function of the Judicial Council! If you are a first or second year looking for opportunities, this is perfect for you!

Apply now: https://forms.gle/jGTWrCZou5ofSYcp7

—

The fellowship program is a great opportunity for first-year students to work alongside the Justices and learn about internal functions and operations of the council. If you are a freshman or sophomore, this is a great opportunity to get involved on campus and learn about all the behind-the-scenes work of ASUCR!

Mohamad Almouazzen
2021-2022 Chief Justice
Political Science and History, 2022
Tel: (951) 827-3621

Email: asucrjustice at ucr.edu
Associated Students of University of California, Riverside

APPLY FOR COMMUNICATIONS INTERN POSITION:

Hello Highlanders!

The ASUCR Office of Internal Affairs is looking to hire a Communications Intern for the 2021-2022 academic year. If you are interested in being involved on-campus and growing your public relations and marketing skills in a tangible way, please fill out the form below by FRIDAY, OCT 8. Thank you and best of luck on your academic and professional endeavors!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebeiV_8th1htnp6URR4O9VCowfBb87kCuzns4xuQPJd_fHDQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Phanxico Hoang

Communications Director at the ASUCR Internal Affairs Office

CHASS Undergraduate at UCR

Associated Students, UC Riverside

202 Highlander Union (HUB)

900 University Avenue