[Students] ASUCR Update - Important Elections and Meeting Info!

Laurie Sinclair laurie.sinclair at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 12 17:22:56 PDT 2022

JOIN US FOR THIS WEEK'S SENATE MEETING

Happy Week 3 Highlanders!

Join us for our third Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M8KDiOcR0PSXmIKZUro9EbpDESRPW7DoGveIbBqdSbo/edit?usp=sharing> of the quarter, this Wednesday, 04/13 at 6:30 PM in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221) or on Zoom<https://ucr.zoom.us/j/96337669465>. If you would like to speak at this week's Senate Meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet<https://forms.gle/GmVqMvSxEBPy3a1w5> before the Senate Meeting. For information about the Senate Meeting held last week, click on this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1chIC_CdZGxY_0W31AgnU2FC_lWF8YyR1p_EuiucWph4/edit?usp=sharing>.<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lT1n1AfEsC8gC8FhYlJeTJQNFFBRoLZXBYBLr32JSm0/edit?usp=sharing> Please reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Mufida Assaf
Executive Vice President

VOLUNTEER FOR THE FIRST IN-PERSON ASUCR ELECTIONS SINCE 2019!

On behalf of ASUCR, the Elections Committee invites you to make a mark on Highlander history and APPLY TO BE A POLLING PLACE VOLUNTEER! Election polls are sites throughout our campus (Belltower, Dundee, and the SRC) where undergraduate students will be able to cast their vote in the upcoming ASUCR election. Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt, free pizza at the end of elections week, and hopefully other gifts of appreciation. You can sign up to volunteer at polling sites here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScodSmn6dNcwkVdSov0CEwsOnNL2bgqb4Jxr_yMfMKGDPLV_A/viewform?usp=sf_link> and the deadline is April 14th @ 4:59pm. We strongly encourage all students to apply and volunteer for our first in-person elections week since 2019! If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to our polling coordinators Ian (iordo003 at ucr.edu<mailto:iordo003 at ucr.edu>) or Genesis (gmart116 at ucr.edu<mailto:gmart116 at ucr.edu>).

Best,
Tricia Sarmiento (she/her/hers)
2021 - 2022 ASUCR Elections Director
asucrelections at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrelections at ucr.edu>

LEARN MORE ABOUT EXECUTIVE CABINET CANDIDATES!

Learn more about the executive cabinet candidates by coming to this Thursday's (4/14/22) CANDIDATES CONVENTION at the HUB 1st Floor! from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm. There is more information in this ASUCR_Elections Instagram post<https://www.instagram.com/p/CcQ5tJaPbWt/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet>. You can also comment underneath the post and tag a friend for a chance to win a free tote bag! All undergraduate students are eligible for a free slice of pizza at the convention as long as they follow the ASUCR_Elections Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/asucr_elections/> and show proof of this.

VOTE VOTE VOTE
We need all undergraduate Highlanders to vote! It takes 3 minutes of your time, and it is so important to make your voice heard. The elected officials of ASUCR create change on campus. Vote for who you believe can best make the change you wish to see.

Below are some flyers explaining voting week! You can find your ballot in your R'Mail Monday, 4/18/22 morning. You can vote anytime between 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday (4/18) through Friday (4/22). You can vote in-person 10:00 am - 8:00 pm at the Bell Tower (10:00 am - 3:00 pm), SRC (4:00 pm - 6:00 pm), and Dundee (6:30 pm - 8:00 pm) for special in-person prizes and incentives, but all students are elgible for prizes.  If you vote, you are instantly eligible to win a prize at the prize booth at the Bell Tower between 10:00 am - 3:00 pm! You are elgible to receive ONE of the following: a tote bag, a drawstring backpack, a lanyard, a water bottle, or a notebook! However, if you vote in-person at the Bell-Tower, you are eligible for food (while supplies last). We will be giving out more information about the food available during Elections Week (4/18 - 4/22). If you vote in-person at the SRC (4:00 pm - 6:00 pm) or Dundee (6:30 pm - 8:00 pm), you can get a prize too.

ASUCR UNDERGRAD ELECTIONS ARE NEXT WEEK 4/18 - 4/22!

Make your mark and make an informed vote by looking through the candidates<https://elections.ucr.edu/candidates/asucr-candidates> and referendum<https://elections.ucr.edu/initiatives-referendums> information at the elections website. You have probably seen a couple of candidates around campus through their posters, but you can also find candidates by following asucr_elections<https://www.instagram.com/asucr_elections/> on Instagram and looking through #ASUCRElections2022<https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/asucrelections2022/> on Instagram!

asucrelections at ucr.edu

Associated Students, UC Riverside
202 Highlander Union Building
asucr at ucr.edu