[Students] ASUCR Update - Week 10

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 8 17:09:53 PST 2022

JOIN US FOR THIS QUARTER’S LAST SENATE MEETING

Hello Highlanders!!

Join us for our last Senate Meeting and State of the Association of the quarter, this Wednesday, 03/09 at 6:30 PM in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221) or on Zoom. If you would to speak at this week's Senate Meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet before the Senate Meeting. For information about the Senate Meeting held last week, click on this link. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Mufida Assaf

Executive Vice President

BLACK STUDENT LOBBY DAY

Hey UCR!

We are excited to invite you to UCSA’s Racial Justice Now campaign’s 4th annual Black Student Lobby day. BSLD is an opportunity for Black students across the UC system to push for transformative policy change relative to racial justice and educational equity, along with the development of lobby and advocacy skills, as we meet with elected officials at our state capital.

Apply NOW before March 10th at 11:59 pm at  tinyurl.com/BSLD2K22 ! Contact Racial Justice Now Vice Chair if you have any questions or concerns.

Special thanks to our event partners the Afrikan Black Coalition.

Elysha Castillo

Vice President of External Affairs

APPLY TO BE A JUDICIAL COUNCIL INTERN

Interested in law, government, and politics? Want to learn all about the behind-the-scenes work of ASUCR? Apply to be an intern for the Judicial Council of ASUCR!

https://forms.gle/sDo6T5SnW6TW2Dkf7

Please read and review the Judicial Council Rules of Procedure in addition to the ASUCR Constitution and Bylaws prior to completing the application and potential interview.

Intern duties include:
- Develop an understanding of the inner-workings of Judicial Council and ASCUR
- Assist Justices on carrying out projects and initiatives
- Conduct clerical and administrative work on behalf of the Council
- Attend closed sessions and meetings of the Judicial Council
- Gain meaningful social and professional connections

All applications due March 11th @ 11:59 PM!

https://forms.gle/sDo6T5SnW6TW2Dkf7

Please fill out the application below and we will contact you ASAP!"

Cordially,

Mohamad Almouazzen

ASUCR Chief Justice

JOIN THE CIVIC ENGAGEMENT EXECUTIVE BOARD!

Hey Highlanders!

Helping fellow students in knowing their voting rights, getting out the vote for elections, and becoming more engaged in your community; do any of those interest you? If so, apply to join the Executive Board of the Civic Engagement Committee! There are currently two vacancies: Outreach Coordinator and Programming Coordinator. Descriptions for the positions will be on the application, which is due by this Friday, March 11th at 11:59pm. Anyone regardless of experience and background are encouraged to apply, so apply now!

Application: https://forms.gle/De1xaffTAfE6WeBd7

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at asucrvotes at ucr.edu.

Best regards,

Jose Teano

Director of Civic Engagement, 2021-2022

INTERESTED IN WORKING IN STUDENT GOVERNMENT?

The office of the Vice President of External Affairs houses the Local and University Relations Committee. They are focused on advocating on behalf of undergraduate students at a local, state, & federal level, by building relationships with government officials. Through this, they work to establish a relationship between UCR and the government to build better relations and support student needs. We are looking for a passionate, diverse group of people from all majors, all class levels, and backgrounds. If this sounds like you, please apply!

Applications are due March 20 at 11:59 PM PST.

Application: https://forms.gle/jexQVKSTEJNM4JZ16

For any questions & concerns please email

asucrlocal at ucr.edu

Abinaya Perumal

Local Affairs and University Relations Director

ASUCR COVID-19 PPE EVENT

Hello Highlanders! ASUCR and UCR Environmental Health and Safety are collaborating to provide PPE to UCR students, faculty, and staff! All Highlanders will receive a PPE kit (2 N95 or Surgical Masks, 1 Hand Sanitizers, and 1 Disinfectant Wipes Pack).

This event will take place on March 10th from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Belltower!

**Students that choose a PPE kit with N95 masks MUST complete the following form: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b2Qe8nccJeCYgQK

Best,

Sean R. Nguyen (He/Him)

'21-'22 Executive Secretary

Office of the President

E-mail: asucrpresident at ucr.edu

SURVEY RESULTS!

Hello Highlanders,

The Student Voice Committee wanted to share the results of our Campus Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention Survey. This survey was done in collaboration with the Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention Committee.

Below you can find the link to our survey results presentation.

Campus Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention Survey Results

We will be having more surveys and giveaways in the Spring quarter, so be on the lookout!  You can also follow our instagram account @studentvoiceucr for new giveaways, survey highlights, and other fun content!

If you have any additional survey suggestions or ideas let us know by filling out the SVC Survey Request Form: https://forms.gle/NHdnEicprbzsspkQ8

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Best,

Leslie S. Estrella

Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee

Associated Students, UC Riverside

202 Highlander Union (HUB)

900 University Avenue

Riverside, CA. 92521