[Students] Dean of the School of Public Policy (SPP) Finalist Visits

Thomas M Smith thomas.smith at ucr.edu
Mon May 9 16:08:07 PDT 2022

Dear Faculty, Staff & Students,

I write to update you on the search for UCR's next Dean of the School of Public Policy (SPP). After many hours of work on the part of the Search Committee, we are excited to announce that we will be hosting four finalist candidates. Each candidate will participate in a two-day-long on-campus interview that includes a campus-wide vision seminar.

Each candidate's application materials, along with the Zoom registration link to participate in the vision seminar, will be posted to the Executive Searches<https://provost.ucr.edu/spp-dean-finalist-vision-seminar-information> website 24 hours before the beginning of each candidate's interview and accessible via the UCR network (including VPN connections). The vision seminar will be open to the campus community and include a Q&A session. Please note that all vision seminars will accommodate in-person and virtual attendees.

Below are the dates, times, and locations for the vision seminars:

Candidate A:   Wednesday, May 18           2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.                     CHASS INTS 1128

Candidate B:   Friday, May 20                             2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.                     CHASS INTS 1128

Candidate C:   Tuesday, May 24                         2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.                     CHASS INTS 1128

Candidate D:   Thursday, May 26               2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.                     CHASS INTS 1128

Your input is essential as we move forward in the search, and I encourage everyone to participate in these seminars.  For those unable to participate due to scheduling conflicts, each seminar will be recorded and posted to the Executive Searches<https://provost.ucr.edu/spp-dean-finalist-vision-seminar-information> website. Recordings will be viewable only from the UCR network/VPN. Please note that feedback will be collected via an online survey after each candidate's visit.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance in evaluating the candidates. Your willingness to provide feedback helps shape the overall picture of each person's candidacy and qualifications, along with input from other campus constituents, the search committee, and multiple references.

Best Regards,

Tom

Thomas Smith, Ph.D.
Search Advisory Committee Chair
Professor of Education and Public Policy
University of California, Riverside
Mobile: 951-880-7272
Email: thomas.smith at ucr.edu<mailto:thomas.smith at ucr.edu>