[Students] ASUCR Update for Week of 11/7/2022

Brendan OBrien brendan.obrien at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 10 12:52:16 PST 2022

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT OF CAMPUS INTERNAL AFFAIRS

Happy Week 7 Highlanders!

If you are interested in supporting student academic affairs on campus join the Committee of Academic Affairs!!

Students will be working on all issues pertaining to academics: this includes coordinating collaborations between campus entities involved with academic affairs, hosting events, and working on advocacy and legislation to support student efforts on campus!

Applications will close Friday November 11th, all undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.

https://forms.gle/N17kGWJHsXJMh9uW8

Best,

--

Jeanine Nassar

Vice President of Campus Internal Affairs | Associated Students of UCR

RSAC, Diversity Council Rep | Middle Eastern Student Center

Political Science, Administrative Studies | B.A. 2024

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE OFFICE OF PERSONNEL

Hi Highlanders!
Join us this Saturday, November 12th at 7pm at the UCR Soccer Stadium to support our division 1 Men’s Soccer team as they go face to face against UC Santa Barbara in the final championship for the title of the Big West Champions! Tickets are ONLY $5 so get them before they run out! Come out and support our team and show some Highlander Spirit! Ticket purchase information is linked here<https://highlanderstickets.universitytickets.com/w/event.aspx?id=1486&r=ed10963534e54326b6abbb07b12b0006>. UCR Athletics and our ASUCR Highlander Spirit committee would love to have you come to empower our student athletes. LET’S GO HIGHLANDERS!

Best,

Ankita Ahluwalia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT PRO TEMPORE

Hello Highlanders!

I hope you are all doing well. As the Chairperson of ASUCR's Legislative Review Committee, I am happy to announce that meetings for the Fall 2022 quarter are officially being held on Mondays from 11 AM - 12 PM. Therefore, if you are interested in submitting any legislation for review, please be sure to do so before 7 AM each Monday. All legislation should be submitted to the asucrprotempore at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrprotempore at ucr.edu> email address. After your submission is received, you will be sent a google invite including the Zoom link to the meeting. Finally, please be sure to have at least one of the primary authors present in order to present your legislation as the committee can not pass legislation that does not have representation. Thank you all in advance for your time and understanding!

Best,

Aalani Richardson

---

Aalani Richardson

2022-2023 President Pro Tempore

Associated Students of the University of California, Riverside

E-mail: arich058 at ucr.edu<mailto:arich058 at ucr.edu>

Website: www.ASUCR.ucr.edu<http://www.asucr.ucr.edu/>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM THE ASUCR CHASS SENATORS

Hey there Highlanders,

JOIN US FOR CHASS TOWN HALL!

Come hear from CHASS orgs., advisors, senators, and ask questions this THURSDAY, November 10th from 1-2pm in HUB 260!! There will be PIZZA and the opportunity to win GIFT CARDS for participants. We hope to see you there!

Cordially,

The ASUCR CHASS Senators

FROM THE VICE PRESIDENT OF SUSTAINABILITY

Hi Highlanders,

GCAP wishes you have had a great quarter so far. With midterms and finals approaching, we wish you the best of luck. This week, GCAP has a few ways for students to get involved with sustainability and water safety.

Our GCAP Brita Exchange Program is continuing this week. You can bring your Brita filter and exchange it for a new one anytime between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the ASUCR office (Located at the second floor of the HUB). Place your used Brita filter in our GCAP Brita Box. Feel free to exchange your Brita at tabling on Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

We are also excited to announce our Thrift Swap Event! Please donate clothes in good condition to the ASUCR office anytime between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the ASUCR office (Located at the second floor of the HUB), or on Wednesday tabling from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The last day to donate is Wednesday, November 16th. To participate in the Thrift Swap, you must donate up to five gently used items.

Learn more about our upcoming events on our Instagram (@gcapucr). If you have any questions, please reach out to asucrgcap at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrgcap at ucr.edu>.

Best,

Alondra Martinez

Vice President of Sustainability