[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for the Week of 2/21/23

Brendan OBrien brendan.obrien at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 21 16:44:15 PST 2023

ASUCR INVITATION: Join Us For This Wednesday's Senate Meeting

Happy Week 7 Highlanders!

Please join us for our 7th Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZFM14VAPwuVVMm4k4BJI-VRAou13vexU3GrASTsiWvM/edit?usp=share_link> of Winter '23, this Wednesday (Feb. 22), at 7:00pm in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221)! For more information about the previous Senate Meeting, please refer to this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WJUggWYhcsBsjQSjKt_XbvHXc-FJqEHGrGVgiW_EZIE/edit?usp=share_link>.

If you would like to voice a concern to ASUCR or speak during this week's meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet<https://forms.gle/GgkVnt4Ww1S7TKHZ6> before the Senate Meeting! Feel to reach out if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Myra Usmani (she/her/hers)
Executive Vice President
asucrevp at ucr.edu

----

>From the Office of the Personnel

Hello UCR students,
Do you see an issue on campus you'd like to solve? Do you have an idea to empower our UCR students? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please fill out this Anonymous feedback form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdd-2Q0FEfJI8AfxVrNDKJBaRRGPQNBSW2lXLBajcLrjZPHpg/viewform?usp=sf_link> so we can better support you. We're here to empower you so please don't hesitate to fill out this form and reach out!

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia (aahlu004 at ucr.edu)

---

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT

We hope you all are having an amazing week 7. The Office of the Executive Vice President is looking for passionate students interested in being this year's Ethnic and Gender Programs Liaison or sitting as committee members on the Ethnic and Gender Programs Advisory Committee. If you are interested, the link to apply can be found HERE<https://forms.gle/aJ8J5XwDaGSscC8v7>.

We are also currently accepting applications for this year's Events Director. If you are interested, you can apply with this LINK<https://forms.gle/SVquwhMk9Sf9iqRe6>. No prior experience is necessary!

If you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to reach out!

Sincerely,

Myra Usmani (she/her/hers)
Executive Vice President

asucrevp at ucr.edu

----

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS

Hello Highlanders!

The Vice President of  External Affairs is currently ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS within the office!

We currently have two open and paid positions, Racial Justice Now Coordinator, and Fund the UC Coordinator. If you are looking to get involved in the University of California Student Association through advocacy and other initiatives to help represent students of the UC, then please apply<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJcENMYPM0zA7cc0oL-fy3_M-XQR3X83PeGGueWbfez-_yUQ/viewform>!

Lastly follow us on Instagram @asucrexternal for all the latest updates and information on our office!

---

FROM THE PRESIDENT PRO TEMPORE

Hello Highlanders!

I hope you are all doing well. As you may know, Legislative Review Committee meetings for the Winter 2023 quarter are officially being held on Fridays from 12 PM - 1 PM. Therefore, if you are interested in submitting any legislation for review, please be sure to do so before 9 AM each Friday. All legislation should be submitted to the asucrprotempore at ucr.edu email address. After your submission is received, you will be sent a google invite including the Zoom link to the meeting. Finally, please be sure to have at least one of the primary authors present in order to present your legislation as the committee can not pass legislation that does not have representation. Thank you all in advance for your time and understanding!

Also, a quick reminder that CHASS Town Hall is this Thursday the 23rd from 12-1pm in the Senate Chambers (HUB 221)!! Come out to meet your representatives, enjoy some free pizza, and enter Amazon gift card giveaways. See you there!

[cid:1431d23f-568c-4b0f-a29d-fa3c9a939201]

Best,

Aalani Richardson

2022-2023 President Pro Tempore

Associated Students of the University of California, Riverside

E-mail: arich058 at ucr.edu

Website: www.ASUCR.ucr.edu<http://www.asucr.ucr.edu/>

---

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS PARTNERSHIPS

Hello Highlanders!

Highlander Action Committee Applications are now open! The committee serves to promote student activism at UCR by organizing and supporting grassroots projects and initiatives. Our mission aims to create coalitions with student programs & campus organizations, as well as community nonprofits to take action on a wide range of student, community, and system-wide issues, highlighting campaigns like Racial Justice Now, SEED, and UCweVote.

General member application can be found at  Committee Member Application<https://forms.gle/3vpodvp4CJgA9WQ66>. (THERE IS NO DEADLINE FOR GENERAL MEMBERSHIP!) We will be sending out emails based on the application regardings meeting updates and events.

Our general meetings will be every Monday from 7PM-8PM on ZOOM LINK for HAC Weekly Meetings (will be used throughout winter quarter)<https://ucr.zoom.us/j/92440660827>

Lastly, please join our GroupMe HERE<https://web.groupme.com/join_group/87987272/xBtLrD2V> (https://web.groupme.com/join_group/87987272/xBtLrD2V) to keep in touch with all committee happenings and your fellow members! Drop a hello and brief introduction, and feel free to contact us if you need any help navigating the platform. Also, follow us on Instagram @ucrhac for all the latest updates and event notices!

--
In Solidarity,

Jiho Ahn | (she/her)
Director of Campus Partnership | ASUCR External Affairs
Co-Campus Organizing Director | UC Student Association
Campus Action Committee Vice-Chair | UC Student Association
B.S. in Biochemistry ‘25
Tel: (949) 656-5601 Email: jiho.ahn at email.ucr.edu / jahn076 at ucr.edu

---
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE SPP SENATORS

Register Students for CalFresh:
Need assistance or want to know if you qualify for CalFresh? Please join ASUCR in a collaboration with UCR's Basic Needs Department for our second Register Students for CalFresh event. We will have county social service workers on-site to assist with any questions about the application process!

Location: HUB 221 (ASUCR Senate Chambers)
Date and Time: Wednesday, February 22nd from 12PM - 2PM

--

BRENDAN O'BRIEN (he/him/his)

Assistant Dean of Students and Director, Highlander Union Building (HUB Operations)

Interim Executive Director, Associated Students of UCR

University of California, Riverside

900 University Ave.

HUB 353

Riverside, CA 92521

Phone: (951) 827-7859  |  Email: brendan.obrien at ucr.edu<mailto:brendan.obrien at ucr.edu>

Website: hub.ucr.edu | Twitter: @ucrhub

[cid:7083f1fe-722f-4a4f-9ad4-fde32871966b]