[Students] NOTICE: Campus NEC Phone Service Disruption - Unable to send and receive calls

UCR Information Technology Solutions its at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 27 12:18:31 PST 2023

Dear Campus Phone Users,

Please be advised that the Campus NEC legacy phone system is experiencing
an unexpected service disruption. As a result, you are not able to receive
or send any phone calls from your campus extension. Zoom Phone remains
operational for all existing users.

Importantly, 911 phone services are unavailable unless you are calling from
your personal cell phone or Zoom phone.

Please visit techalerts.ucr.edu, where we will continue to keep campus
updated on the status of this issue until it is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your
patience as we work diligently to get system services restored. Please note
that Zoom Phone service is the preferred phone system for campus, as the
NEC phone system has reached End-of-Life (EOL). We encourage your unit
to contact
ITS to opt into Zoom phone services
<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6zKnE7BQAkvO4Ci>.

Enabling Your Continued Success,

Information Technology Solutions

University of California, Riverside

ITS.UCR.EDU <https://its.ucr.edu/>

*Please Note: This email account is not monitored by ITS staff. If you
require technical support, please take one of the following actions:*

   - Visit the ITS website at its.ucr.edu to find self-help articles,
   submit and track support tickets, request IT services, and more.
   - For live support, you can contact the BearHelp helpdesk during normal
   business hours (M-F, 8am-5pm) at 951-827-4848