[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Passing of Dennette Montoya, Auxiliary Services Cash Office

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Thu Dec 3 08:41:45 PST 2020

Dear Campus Community,

On November 26th, Thanksgiving Day, our friend and colleague Dennette Montoya from the Auxiliary Services Cash Office passed away.

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D6C8CB.1A06FC30]

Dennette joined UCR in 2006, hired into the Dining Services Cash Office (now known as the Auxiliary Services Cash Office) where she worked for 14 years. We will remember Dennette as a thoughtful and hard worker who was always willing to lend a hand. Dennette always brought to work an eagerness to learn new things and a smile on her face. And, perhaps what her friends and colleagues will remember most is her good sense of humor and kind, generous heart. Her closest colleagues recall her often surprising them with treats and goodies, like a pink box of donuts on their birthday.

Dennette’s loss will be felt greatly both within our UCR family and by her friends, family, and colleagues. A gentle reminder that our Faculty Staff Assistance Program<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-resources/faculty-and-staff-assistance-program> offers free and confidential grief and loss counseling.

Please keep Dennette’s family and friends in your thoughts as they go through this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas M. Smith, Ph.D.
Interim Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
4148 Hinderaker Hall
University of California, Riverside
•: 951.827.1129 | •: provost at ucr.edu<mailto:provost at ucr.edu>