[Ucrfacultyandstaff] [Campus Notice] Disruption in Service Affecting Inbound/Outbound Phone Calls

UCR Information Technology Solutions tech-bulletin at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 21 14:11:21 PDT 2021

Dear Highlander Community,

Please note that UCR is experiencing an unexpected campus-wide disruption in AT&T service affecting all inbound/outbound phone calls. Due to this outage, all UCR phone users are unable to dial outbound locally or long-distance and receive inbound calls. This disruption affects all campus and UNEX users, as well as users at the Intellicenter on Meridian Parkway. Please note that this means the ITS help desk cannot receive inbound calls at this time. Internal calls to UCR extension numbers are not affected by this outage.

The outage was caused by a failed rectifier on AT&T's network. UCR ITS is working diligently to investigate the issue with the service provider. Currently AT&T has not provided any indication of when the issue will be resolved.

Please visit techalerts.ucr.edu<https://techalerts.ucr.edu/>, where we will continue to keep campus updated on the status of this issue until it is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as we work diligently to get system services restored.

Enabling Your Continued Success,

Information Technology Solutions
University of California, Riverside
ITS.UCR.EDU<https://its.ucr.edu/>
[UC_Riverside_Horiz_WhtBG_signature]

Please note: This email account is for notification purposes only and is not monitored by a helpdesk associate. If you require technical support, please take one of the following actions:

  *   Submit a support ticket<https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=d10c39ee0f348300138942bce1050e8b> if you need to report a problem to BearHelp
  *   Submit a request<https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal?id=ucr_sc_home> for software, hardware, or a service enhancement
  *   Browse the ITS Knowledge Base<https://ucrsupport.service-now.com/ucr_portal?id=kb_view2&kb=de6fdb4d37800f00a2e983dcb3990e7b> for self-help articles