[Ucrfacultyandstaff] ITS NOTICE: Partial Disruption to Email and Phone Services

Communications communications at ucr.edu
Mon Mar 20 17:28:08 PDT 2023

Dear Highlander Community,

Please be advised that there is an unexpected issue with UCR’s legacy Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). As a result, campus users may be experiencing the following:

  *   Some users are currently unable to send email to some recipients and may receive a bounce or ‘500’ error message
  *   Cisco Jabber and some contact center phone users are currently experiencing a disruption of service
  *   Other issues are possible, if that particular system uses LDAP

ITS is currently investigating to determine the cause and full scope of this LDAP issue.

Please visit techalerts.ucr.edu<https://techalerts.ucr.edu/>, where we will continue to keep campus updated on the status of this issue until it is resolved.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to get system services restored.

Sincerely,

Information Technology Solutions
University of California, Riverside
https://its.ucr.edu