[Faculty] Make your voice heard: The 2021-2022 UC Academic Senate Survey of Faculty Life

Senate senate at ucr.edu
Fri Apr 15 10:46:25 PDT 2022

[cid:image001.png at 01D850AA.871851D0]

April 15, 2022

Dear Colleagues,

Here is another timely and important request for faculty insight regarding our experiences during the COVID pandemic.  This one is from systemwide Academic Senate leadership and specific to UC faculty.

Dear UC Faculty and Instructors,

We write to get input on your experiences during the Covid-19 pandemic this academic year. Undoubtedly you have been bombarded by surveys, and this exercise is not a research study. Instead, the UC Systemwide Academic Senate is reaching out to you to gather the voices of the faculty and instructors. Two previous Senate surveys, in 2020 and 2021 greatly helped us to convey accurately the broad array of faculty and instructor perspectives and pandemic experiences directly to the UC Administration, the UC Regents, and the California Legislature. Indeed, the Regents continue to refer to these surveys in their remarks, underscoring how important your voice can be.

We are sending this survey to all instructors of courses at the 9 UC undergraduate campuses. The survey should take about 15-20 minutes to complete and must be completed by midnight on June 25, 2022.  We recommend that you do this in one sitting - depending on your browser settings, you may not be able to return and pick up where you left off if you exit midway. When you are ready to begin the survey, please use this link:
https://uclahs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8wuXeiEbPFM63xI

Your participation is completely voluntary and your responses are anonymous. If you have questions about the survey or how the data will be used, please contact Michael LaBriola, Assistant Director of the Systemwide Academic Senate (Michael.Labriola at ucop.edu<mailto:Michael.Labriola at ucop.edu>).

We recognize that everyone is very busy, but we do hope you will share with us your experiences over the last academic year. We also wish to take this opportunity to thank you for all the work you have done for the University in these very trying times.

With our warmest regards,
Robert Horwitz, 2021-22 Chair, UC Academic Senate
Susan Cochran, 2021-22 Vice-Chair, UC Academic Senate
Mary Gauvain, 2020-2021 Chair, UC Academic Senate

Wednesday, I shared information regarding a joint University of Wisconsin/University of California study; this UW/UC study is linked here: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8qruUAJDPNzIfoG.

We appreciate your attention in completing both.

In service,

/s/Jason

Contact Us

Jason Stajich
Academic Senate Chair
jason.stajich at ucr.edu <mailto:jason.stajich at ucr.edu>

Senate Executive Office Email
For non-urgent matters please email:
senate at ucr.edu<mailto:senate at ucr.edu>

STAY CONNECTED

[Website]<https://senate.ucr.edu/>

Academic Senate |  231 University Office Building, Riverside, CA 92521
 senate at ucr.edu<mailto:senate at ucr.edu>

[cid:image003.png at 01D850AA.871851D0]

COMMITTED TO ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE AND SHARED GOVERNANCE