[Students] ASUCR: Advocate for Student Issues at the UC Student Lobby Conference!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 11 14:47:12 PST 2021

ADVOCATE FOR STUDENT ISSUES AT THE UC STUDENT LOBBY CONFERENCE!

Highlanders, ASUCR is proud and very excited to be partnering with the UC Student Association to host the annual UC Student Lobby Conference from March 20-22. SLC provides an opportunity for students from all 10 campuses across the UC system to join forces and advocate directly to state legislators in Sacramento regarding critical student issues and statewide legislative priorities. The application is open NOW at tinyurl.com/dreamingslc!

The SLC 2021 conference is themed "50 Years of Student Advocacy: Our Legacy, Our Dream, Our Future", inspired by the 50th anniversary of the student movement elevated systemwide by UCSA and other coalition partners. This year, we hope to center our campus communities in the road towards an equity-driven COVID recovery, and highly welcome and encourage ALL students, regardless of lobbying experience, to apply and join the fight for an accessible, affordable, and quality UC education for current and future UC students.

Please contact our campus delegation leaders below with any questions or concerns regarding legislative advocacy or SLC 2021! Thanks so much and we are wishing you all the absolute best as we round out the Winter Quarter.

Sincerely,

Lizette Inzunza | She/Her/Hers

Government Relations Director

Office of ASUCR External Affairs