[Students] ASUCR Update: Get Involved!

Laurie Sinclair laurie.sinclair at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 22 17:16:26 PST 2022

APPLY AND JOIN ELECTIONS COMMITTEE!

Please complete this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6BSkrpZjZzmE4H4L_gJ0_F83HkopJGb-g0kXBxT9d2RgsJQ/viewform?usp=sf_link> by March 4, 2022 at 11:59 pm. There are two positions available: Ballot Technician Co-Chair and Marketing Officer. There is more information in the description of the form. BOTH POSITIONS ARE PAID.

Best,
Tricia Sarmiento (she/her/hers)
2021 - 2022 ASUCR Elections Director
asucr<mailto:asucrcandidates at ucr.edu>elections at ucr.edu<mailto:elections at ucr.edu>

APPLY TO BE A CNAS SENATOR (Special Elections)!

For CNAS students, there is a senator position open. Please fill out this form<https://forms.gle/QcqGwfwaB9w1WaLJA> by February 27 at 11:59 pm. You must be in CNAS, have completed 3+ quarters at UCR, have a minimum of a 2.50 GPA, and must be enrolled full-time. This is a PAID position. There is more information in the description of the form.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me! You can also follow the Elections Instagram, @asucr_elections, for any updates. Being involved in ASUCR gives you a great opportunity to serve your community and can give you many wonderful leadership experiences. Please do not be afraid to apply!

Sincerely,
Tricia Sarmiento (she/her/hers)
2021 - 2022 ASUCR Elections Director
asucrelections at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrelections at ucr.edu>

JOIN US FOR THIS WEEK'S SENATE MEETING

Hello Highlanders!

Join us for our eighth<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X70_RDOlN1gLISjOYeIkjolSAwqOqK3kSfTpOkWuzRk/edit?usp=sharing> Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X70_RDOlN1gLISjOYeIkjolSAwqOqK3kSfTpOkWuzRk/edit?usp=sharing> of the quarter, this Wednesday, 2/23 at 6:30 PM in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221) or on Zoom<https://ucr.zoom.us/j/96337669465>. For information about the Senate Meeting held last week, click on this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wTVVK7_ieb6OhHkWDtruAsjfCxV6JyCrjnXMvJMndmk/edit?usp=sharing>. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Mufida Assaf
Executive Vice President

CAMPUS SEXUAL VIOLENCE AWARENESS AND PREVENTION SURVEY - WIN GIFT CARDS:
Happy Week 8 Highlanders!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) will be raffling off 5 $30 Target Gift Cards!
For a chance to win, complete the following: Campus Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention Survey. This survey seeks to understand student experiences, improve resources, and increase prevention regarding sexual violence at UCR. The link to the survey can be found here:
https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2fOQ9TKqcqGaHL8

The Student Voice Committee also wanted to share the results of our Quality of Student Housing Survey:
Quality of Student Housing Infographic<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zy38fDUjitbWhvmNtQS9qGJdJA6k3hsP/view?usp=sharing>

If you have any additional survey suggestions or ideas let us know by filling out the SVC: Survey Request Form: https://forms.gle/NHdnEicprbzsspkQ8. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.
Best,
Leslie S. Estrella

Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee

MENTAL HEALTH AND FOOD INSECURITY EVENT:

The Transfer and Non-Traditional Committee is reaching out to
transfer and non-traditional students to join us for our event
“Intersectionality between Mental Health and Food Insecurity” on March
3rd from 11am -2pm on zoom and from 2pm - 4pm in front of the Rivera
Lawn. We will be hosting different organizations from our campus to
give presentations relating to both food insecurity and mental health.
We will also be hosting a tote painting activity and will be giving
out fresh produce that was generously provided by the R’Garden.

During the event, we will be giving away a bike as a grand prize, 2
AirPods, and a chance to win a 25$ gift card to Walmart (there will be
a total distribution of 25). Please RSVP via the google form provided.

Reservations are due March 2, 2022.

T/NT RSVP Form: https://forms.gle/1GWuQDyNz8hvMsVj9

For any questions regarding involvement in the committee or concerns
please email me:

asucrtransfer at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrtransfer at ucr.edu>
Roxanna Vasquez

Associated Students