[Students] Commencement 2023 Announcement

Vcsa vcsa at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 3 13:08:30 PDT 2022

Dear Students, Staff, & Faculty,
In response to feedback regarding the overall Commencement experience for graduates, family members, and loved ones, UC Riverside is enhancing the graduation experience. We are excited to announce that the 2023 Commencement ceremonies will take place at Toyota Arena in Ontario, CA. As a result, graduates and their guests will have the luxury of an air-conditioned ceremony with improved seating, sightlines, and security. The ceremonies for Master's and Bachelor's degree candidates are scheduled for Tuesday, June 20-Thursday, June 22, 2023, at Toyota Arena.
Ceremonies will still include individual name reading of each graduating student. Guest tickets will range from 8 to 10 tickets per graduate depending on the college and/or school program, which matches or exceeds guest tickets for the on-campus ceremonies.
The university will provide free parking to all graduating students attending the ceremonies, and graduate photos will be available at the arena.
The School of Medicine Hippocratic Oath Ceremony for M.D. degree recipients and the Graduate Division Hooding Ceremony for Ph.D. and M.F.A. degree candidates are scheduled for Friday, June 2 and Saturday, June 3, 2023, at the Student Recreation Center.
The 2023 Commencement schedule has been posted on commencement.ucr.edu<https://commencement.ucr.edu/> to allow ample time for graduates and their guests to plan their attendance.
We are looking forward to providing an enhanced Commencement experience for our graduates, their families, and their friends at UC Riverside's 2023 celebrations at Toyota Arena.
Please be sure to save the dates.
If you have additional questions, please visit commencement.ucr.edu<https://commencement.ucr.edu/>.
Best Regards,
BRIAN L. HAYNES, PH.D.