[Students] ASUCR UPDATES: Positions, Events, Meetings, etc.

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 20 17:24:29 PDT 2020

PAID OPPORTUNITY!!! ASUCR ELECTIONS DIRECTOR!

Hello Highlanders! ASUCR is currently filling a recent vacancy for the Elections Director position. This position serves as the chair of the ASUCR Elections Committee. The full job description can be found HERE.

The Elections Director application can be found HERE. The deadline to apply is October 28th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at asucrelections at ucr.edu.

Best Regards,

Marilyn Garcia (She/Her/Hers)

Interim Elections Director

Office of Elections | Associated Students - ASUCR

E-mail: asucrelections at ucr.edu

LEARN TO WRITE LEGISLATION:

Hey Highlanders,

Are you interested in making a difference on the local level? Are you interested in legislation and policy? Do you have a specific idea to help the student body?

If you answered “YES” to any of those questions, writing ASUCR legislation may be for you!

If you want to learn more about writing ASUCR bills and resolutions, please send an email to asucrprotempore at ucr.edu.

Or feel free to get in contact with your specific ASUCR representatives (emails on website)!

Stay safe, stay well, and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Orlando Cabalo (He/Him)

President ProTempore

TONIGHT: RIVERSIDE MAYORAL RACE AND CA PROPOSITION FORUM:

Hi Highlanders, join us at the Riverside Mayoral Race and CA Proposition Forum tonight featuring Andy Melendrez, Patricia Locke Dawson, and speakers on different propositions (flyer attached to this email). The event is non-partisan and a great way to get information directly from candidates and proposition campaigns.

You can register at bit.ly/ucrmpforum

See you there!

Emily Thomas, ASUCR Civic Engagement Director

asucrvotes at ucr.edu

COMMITTEE POSITION OPPORTUNITIES!!

Hello Highlanders,

My name is Sean Nguyen and I am currently serving as the Personnel Director for this administrative term. Currently the Office of Personnel is looking for engaged highlander students to full various committee positions.

The current committees under the Personnel Office are as follows:

Personnel Committee

Women’s Rights and Equity Committee

We Are Highlander Spirit Committee

Campus Safety Alliance Committee

Applications can be found HERE. The deadline to apply for any committee is November 4th, 2020 @ 5:00 PM.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at asucrcommittees at ucr.edu.

Best,

Sean Nguyen

Personnel Director

Office of the Personnel | Associated Students - ASUCR

STATE OF THE ASSOCIATION/SENATE MEETING TONIGHT:

Hello Highlanders!

Today at 6:30 pm will be our first State of the Association! The Executive Branch gives out reports on what they have been doing within their office! If you are not able to attend tonight's meeting, do not worry! You can access the reports and recordings from the Senate Meeting on the link attached to this email! If you are able to come, the zoom link is also provided, and the documents are attached to this email.

If you want to speak during the public forum/comment agenda item please fill out the google form that is also provided in the link!

Make sure to follow @asucrevp to see the agenda items and the link for easier access! I hope to see everyone tonight at 6:30! Stay safe and healthy!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Links

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

JOIN THE ASUCR LABOR COMMISSION THIS FRIDAY FOR A "KNOW YOUR PROPS" EVENT!

Hey Highlanders! The ASUCR Labor Commission is hosting a Know Your Props Town Hall for Friday, October 23rd at 1:00 PM! We have organized speakers for Props 14 through 25 to discuss each prop and how it would impact the state and students! Register NOW at bit.ly/ASUCRProps2020 and contact me for more information or any questions!

Best wishes,

Reyna Magallanes | She/Her/Hers

Labor Relations Director

asucrlabor at ucr.edu

COMPLETE THE ACQUIRE COVID-19 IMPACT SURVEY!

How have you been impacted by COVID-19? The statewide UCSA ACQUIRE campaign wants to know! Fill out and share our survey to help us figure out the best way to advocate for YOUR needs! There's even a chance to win gift cards! We will be taking responses through December 20th.

Thanks,

Elysha Castillo | She/Her/Hers

Organizing Director, Office of ASUCR External Affairs

ACQUIRE Vice Chair, UC Student Association

Email: asucrorganizing at ucr.edu | acquire at ucsa.org

PELL GRANT RECIPIENTS: SHARE YOUR STORY WITH FUND THE UC FOR OUR DOUBLE THE PELL CAMPAIGN!

Join our statewide campaign to Fund the UC and double the Pell Grant this year! Are you a Pell Grant recipient? Share with us your testimonial and how increased financial aid will benefit you in your college experience! Visit https://forms.gle/Rm9pzsDbN1SYgyxx8 and contact me below if you have any questions or concerns!

Best,

Aya Serhan | She/Her/Hers

Fund the UC Coordinator

Office of ASUCR External Affairs

fundtheuc at ucr.edu

CHECK OUT THE LATEST ISSUE OF THE HIGHLANDER NEWSPAPER!

Hi Highlanders!

Issue 03 of The Highlander, UCR’s independent, student-run newspaper, is here! To read more about the COVID-19 outbreak at The Barn, Prop 20, Krak Boba, The Haunting of Bly Manor, and UCR alumni and pitcher for the LA Dodgers Joe Kelly, click here!

Sincerely,

Amani Mahmoud

Editor-in-Chief

She/Her/Hers